about 2 months ago
As a Cost Engineer (Commercial Manager) you'll support the Project Commercial Manager to deliver the commercial management of the project including but not limited to:
- monitoring of procurement, cost, finance, risk management, compliance with contractual terms, cost verification, project staffing registers / forecasts and the timely resolution of contract change.
- Be aware of the Corporate Governance policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to.
- Undertake commercial management activities principally in the areas of cost management, risk and contract administration.
- Implement the Project Control systems including cost, and risk in accordance with project procedures.
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction
- Implementing appropriate mechanisms and procedures to monitor compliance with contract terms and conditions and to check the timely resolution of contract change.
- Produce reports and contribute to reviews and analysis of the cost and risk position.
- Providing project specific cost, schedule and risk data to the Project Commercial Manager to support the overall programme reporting of schedule, scope, risk and change.
- Implement the trend process for the control of project change.
- Draft IA papers as directed by the Project Commercial Manager.
- Undertaking specific tasks as requested by the Project Commercial Manager.
- Deputise for the Project Commercial Manager as required.
- Degree in Engineering, Business, Quantity Surveying, Law, or Construction Management, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of quantity surveying, home office and site procedures and documents relating to a large scale, multi-discipline construction project.
- Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices.
- Some experience of dealing with large civil works and / or M&E packages as needed.