10 months ago
Rail - Cost Manager
Competitive Rate of Pay for a Well Known Client
- Contribute towards bid and tender preparation and business development.
- Assume day - to - day delivery responsibility for projects / programmes of work and demonstrate the ability to take on tasks without supervision.
- Monitor project fees and ensure resource and time inputs are in line with approved budgets.
- Ensure that change control processes are effectively managed for the services we provide.
- Strengthen our service delivery capability and promote knowledge capture, sharing and innovation.
- Prepare budget estimates, cost plans and client reports.
- Provide advice on procurement and contracts.
- Prepare and evaluating tenders, contractor selection and contract documentation.
- Provide Risk and Value Management.
- Contract administration including preparation of valuations, forecasts, cost reports and attendance at project meetings.
- Preparation of bills of quantities, schedules of rates, or other methods of work evaluation.
- Deliver all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner to a high standard of quality.
- Support the implementation of strategic initiatives at service and sector level.
- Manage the delivery of work through proactive involvement where appropriate and through performance management of personnel to ensure work is completed in a timely manner to a high quality standard.
- Provide leadership to the staff, where required. Resolve conflicts of priorities and personalities relating to work with the appropriate Partner or Associate.
- Mentor and coach team members, ensuring that staff and new starters are developed to support the successful growth of the Practice and development of their career.
- Ensure service delivery is in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Practice, particularly Health and Safety and Quality Assurance.
- Ensure compliance with the client's corporate governance procedures where applicable.
- Achieve all objectives as required by the annual performance review process.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuing professional development and continuous improvement.
- Work to deadlines set by the Project Team Leader.
- Ensuring filing of project correspondence is maintained in accordance with requirements.
The ability to:
- negotiate, influence and deliver results in a client facing role.
- Deal diplomatically with a wide range of stakeholders in a flexible environment, subject to change.
- Prioritise and self-manage with ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Manage conflicting priorities and organise workloads in conjunction with the appropriate Partner.
- Cope with demanding and changing timeframes.
- Lead a team.
- Create a close - knit team as required and motivate and mentor the team to work effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity.
Qualifications / Skills
- Ideally degree qualified: construction, cost management, engineering, quantity surveying or other RICS accredited degree.
- MRICS/other equivalent qualification or experience.
- Strong core technical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with both client and staff.
- Strong analytical skills, sound judgement and aptitude for forward planning.
- Energetic and motivated with natural drive and an innovative flair, resourcefulness and ability to adapt to change.
- An ability to think clearly and make reasoned decisions, explaining the logic employed.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Good experience of managing people and delivering multiple or complex projects.
- Extensive experience of industry standard forms of contract, typically JCT and NEC.
- Excellent pre and post contract technical cost management skills.
- Extensive knowledge of construction industry technical matters with circa 5 years plus post qualification experience.
- Good IT skills including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and RIPAC.