Up to £0.00 per annum
5 months ago
12 Months +
Purpose of the Job
To support the Head of Quality with specific accountability for Stations, Shafts and Portals, in implementing all aspects of Client's quality assurance management system through design, construction, testing, commissioning and handover and leading the team that will monitor and oversee contractor performance and compliance with all contractual information governing quality control and quality assurance.
- Establishing a right-first-time culture across the client teams, Tier 1 suppliers and the supply chain, that puts quality at the heart of project delivery.
- Ensuring that Tier 1 suppliers implement appropriate quality management arrangements, supported by the deployment of competent resources, that extend into the supply chain and that establish plans for successful delivery.
- Ensuring that Tier 1 suppliers' quality systems and processes are fully aligned to the contracted requirements and support Client's 's procedures for project fulfilment.
- Ensuring that Client's 's auditing of Tier 1 and supply chain quality management arrangements provide overall assurance to the SSP Delivery Director and identify issues for immediate resolution by suppliers.
- Ensuring that Tier 1 suppliers implement appropriate and achievable Inspection and Test plans, achieving quality outputs consistent with contracted requirements, fully supported with quality records.
- Ensuring that the Stakeholders' (Chief Engineers Group (CEG) and the Infrastructure Managers) requirements to review and witness Tier 1 and supply chain quality activities are identified and scheduled, including the provision of samples, benchmarks, off-site and on-site inspection and testing.
- Ensuring that any deviations from contracted requirements are permitted only after endorsement by authorised Client's CEG personnel and recorded as concessions.
- Ensuring that Tier 1 suppliers implement appropriate arrangements for the identification of defects and their subsequent rectification, remediation or repair.
- Leading investigations and problem-solving exercises (SPOT-On or equivalent) jointly with Tier 1 Contractors into significant supplier failures and major (CAT 1) and recurring nonconformances, monitoring supplier implementation of corrective and preventive action plans.
- Establishing procedures for the progressive collation of learning amongst the Tier 1 suppliers, the supply chain and the client teams, and monitoring the implementation of subsequent continual improvement.
- Ensure Client's Observations are undertaken effectively, meeting defined targets and involve all relevant stakeholders e.g. CEG and Infrastructure Managers.
- Ensure the Client's Delivery Team's review and effective implementation of ITPs, subcontractor/ supplier quality plans, quality system procedures, test plans, quality improvement plans.
- Ensure that the Contractor and Client's Delivery Team is effectively managing the closeout of NCRs, CARs and Client's Observations.
- Working collaboratively with the contractor to drive the closure of Completion Readiness
- Assessment Framework (CRAF) findings and ensure appropriate preparations are in place for future CRAF assessments to enable a seamless handover to the Infrastructure Managers (IMs) via the Employer's Completion Process (ECP).
- Production of periodic quality reports to provide visibility of Contractor and Client's Delivery Team Quality performance.
- Support the periodic Quality Focus Meeting (QFM) process to ensure any quality issues are captured and actions are progressed.
- Support the Contractor and Client's Delivery Team's review in the timely compilation and right first time" submission of certification packages to support the ongoing assurance of the works.
- Support the Client's Supervisor's Representative to ensure any quality concerns are communicated formally to the Contractor and they are tracked to resolution.
- Develop and present quality training to the Client's Delivery Team and Contractor staff where applicable.
- Establishing an effective working relationship with the SSP Delivery Director to ensure support and oversight of the delivery team's management of contractor quality.
- Ensuring the appropriate assignment of available resources to support the individual delivery directorates.
- Acting as the point of contact for SSP related quality issues.
- Providing leadership and guidance to the Quality Assurance Engineers to successfully undertake their duties.
- Ensuring that the Central Section Delivery corporate quality KPIs are managed and achieved.
- Developing project specific quality KPIs as required.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Client's Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate with Client's in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Act as a role model for Client's 's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Client's 's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Client's 's information or information systems at risk.
Main challenges of the job
- Assisting the Tier 1 contractors in achieving all quality requirements as specified in the works information.
- Degree qualified in an Engineering Discipline or equivalent experience
- Chartered Member of the Chartered Quality Institute (MCQI CQP)
- Experience of leading multidisciplinary quality teams on rail or major civil engineering construction projects.
- Experience of implementing QA/QC programs on rail and major civil engineering construction projects