West End, London
over 1 year ago
There is a requirement for a Design Manager on the Crossrail project for at least 9-months on a contract-basis on Bond Street Station.
- Effectively drive the delivery to programme of design with the contractor. Ensure the design is coordinated and compliant with all project specifications and standards.
- Lead and influence contractor's designers to achieve delivery of outputs to required time, cost and quality.
- Review and co-ordinate design information to provide assurance that the outputs will contribute to a coherent and safe scheme which meets project objectives.
- Liaise with contractor's design managers and other parts of the project team to ensure that overall aims are addressed.
- Drive the creation of acceptable and achievable design solutions within the programme and budget constraints.
- Effective management of external consultants to produce the information and carry out a professional review of the outputs to ensure that the design is fit for purpose.
- Coordination with other project disciplines to ensure that the design contributes to a coherent, safe and operable scheme.
- Consultation with interested parties to identify concerns and managing design work to address them.
- Close-out of the design element of the project.
- Co-ordination between packages to ensure compatibility between project elements.
- Operate within the framework set by the Principal Delivery Engineer (PDE) and Engineering Director and reports progress through regular meetings and informal review sessions with the PDE.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent.
- Design management experience.
- Proven multi-disciplinary experience in a railway environment.
- Professional qualifications in electrical or mechanical engineering or an associated discipline.
- A good working knowledge of the UK railways.
- Excellent inter-personal skills with proven ability to work effectively as part of a multidiscipline management team.
- Excellent written and oral presentation and communication skills.
For further Rail & Infrastructure updates, please connect with me on LinkedIn 'Rosie Wilkinson': https://www.linkedin.com/in/rosie-wilkinson/