Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £0.00 per annum
12 months ago
A delivery partner require a Engineer from a Rail Civil background for the HS2 Phase 2b project on a 12-month rolling contract in Birmingham.
- Delivers cost-effective design solutions that comply with the client's project and statutory requirements, supporting the Senior Area Engineer.
- Reviews and assesses technical submissions from PSCs determining compliance with standards and requirements.
- Identify and assess design risks within the project.
- Provide technical engineering input, designs, documentation and responses supporting the hybrid bill through parliament including additional provisions, freedom of information requests, and technical requests.
- Attend public consultation and planning forums, working with local communities identifying priorities.
- Explore opportunities for developing local community benefits and solutions under the direction of the Area Manager.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
- Achieved or working towards professional member status.
- Demonstrable knowledge of engineering design principles achieving optimal design outputs.
- Ability to carry out robust independent checks on a wide variety of designs and produce, interpret and assess specifications, standards and technical reports.
- Ability to resolve complex design problems, demonstrating a tenacious approach tackling problems whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with a range of multidisciplinary stakeholders, demonstrating strong influencing skills.
- Extensive experience of design and engineering, ranging from feasibility to detail design, working on a large, complex infrastructure project.
- Experience of consultant management and compliance.