East London, London
6 months ago
There is a requirement for an Engineering Manager to come onto the Crossrail project for at least a year in Westferry, East London.
- The Purpose of the role is to support the Routeway Manager of Engineering to discharge the technical component of his duties in the delivery of specific railway systems issues throughout the length of the central section of the Crossrail works - "systemwide issues" The role is also to support the relevant Heads of Discipline to discharge the CRL Technical Authority, specifically in relation to ensuring overall design coordination, configuration, control and integration with the rest of the railway.
- Ensuring that all design interfaces within scoped areas and at works contract boundaries are appropriately managed through Interface communication protocols. Promote the identification, tracking and resolution / closure of interfaces with all interfacing parties including other systemwide contract packages, stations, shafts, portals and tunnels
- Attend Interdisciplinary Design Reviews, Design Gates and general interface meetings as necessary
- Manage the resolution of design interface issues arising on site
- For any agreed changes, monitor and report on the design and deliverables such that the design is delivered on time and to budget, meeting Crossrail requirements.
- For any agreed changes, clarify the interface arrangements such that other disciplines are supplied with information to allow their progression.
- Coordinate the supply of Crossrail sourced technical information to the Contractors designers and contractors to allow his programme to progress.
Skills & Experience Required:
- A Chartered Engineer or equivalent, with proven relevant multi disciplinary experience in a railway environment.
- Professional qualifications in electrical or mechanical engineering or an associated discipline.
- A comprehensive understanding of the issues affecting railway systems and the key interfaces and integrations of these systems during the design, construction, test / commissioning and operation stages of a railway.
- A good working knowledge of the UK railway industry and the Network Rail design, development and assurance process.
- Knowledge of interoperability regulations and requirements.
- Good knowledge of construction planning and logistics.
- Excellent inter-personal skills with proven ability to work effectively as part of a multidiscipline management team.
- Previous experience managing Tier 1 Contractors.
For futher Rail & Infrastructure updates, please connect with me on LinkedIn: