Birmingham, West Midlands
£200 - £225 per day
about 2 months ago
There is a requirement for x2 Environment Advisors to come onto the HS2 Phase 2b Project in Birmingham on a 12-month rolling contract.
- Support the area environmental assessment work (including associated assessments) developed for the hybrid Bill for Phase Two in accordance with organisational, sponsor and parliamentary requirements.
- As part of the Area Team, provide advice to support the development of environmental design solutions and ensure that environmental sustainability issues continue to be embedded as an integral part of the project design in accordance with the HS2 Sustainability Policy and Sustainability Approach Document.
- Work collaboratively with other technical specialists including engineers, construction experts, architects, property advisors, environmental and sustainability specialists to achieve high quality integrated designs and develop appropriate and cost balanced mitigation strategies and solutions.
- As part of HS2 Ltd's assurance process, support the review and appraisal of all area environmental deliverables produced by consultants to ensure compliance with the organisation's technical and sponsor requirements to enable them to be confidently defended before Select Committee.
- Support area technical stakeholder engagement (working closely with the Central Environment Team and Stakeholder Team) via various different forums to obtain information to inform the development of the area (and, where necessary, route-wide) assessment and design and to ensure the stakeholder's environmental and sustainability requirements are understood and managed so as to minimise petition risk and to support the development of a world class railway.
- Working closely with the Environment Manager, draft responses to general internal and external enquiries (including FOI, EIR and PQ requests) on area environmental (including EIA, TA and EqIA) matters to ensure timely, consistent, robust and assured responses.
- Ensure full audit trail of key decisions and compliant data management to enable effective petition management, efficient handling of enquiries (including FOI and EIR) and to ensure that statutory requirements are met.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in a relevant environmental/built environmental discipline.
- Working towards membership of a relevant environmental/built environmental organisation.
- Experience of environmental assessment (EIA) on large scale projects - this must be clear on your CV.
- Knowledge of environmental legislation and current best practice guidance.
- Proven ability to work across multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong numeracy, written and verbal communication skills and the aptitude to engage with a range of stakeholders on sensitive environmental issues.
- A good understanding of GIS, SharePoint and eB is also desirable.
- Experience of preparing/ reviewing material for and attending public consultations.