Up to £0.00 per annum
3 months ago
There is a requirement for a Environmental Adviser on the Crossrail project in Stratford, London for at least 6-months on a contract-basis.
- To ensure compliance with Crossrail's environmental requirements by monitoring and promoting contractor performance. This role acts as a key interface between contractors and industry partners working in Sustainability and Consents in the Deputy CEO's team.
- Reviewing and accepting environmental documentation from contractors and industry partners e.g (for example the Environment Plan).
- Coordinating environmental issues between multiple contractors and partners.
- Reviewing the Contractor's environmental reporting to ensure that it is adequate.
- Ensuring that the Contractor is meeting the Environment Plan and providing feedback to the Project Manager, contractor and Sustainability & Consents.
- Providing training to Crossrail staff and the contractor's, Industry Partners; environmental team in Crossrail's requirements.
- Working with contractors and Industry Partners to identify potential best practice, communicating with Sustainability & Consents to cascade to the wider project and transmitting environmental communications and campaigns.
- Providing key liaison role on environmental consent issues between contractors/industry partners and the environment team in Sustainability & Consents department.
- Carrying out environmental inspections of sites in the central and east London area and carrying out audits of other sites in coordination with EMS audit plan.
- Coordinating the project's response to environmental incidents in the central and east London area and assisting Sustainability & Consents department by carrying out investigations of environmental incidents on others' sites.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experienced environmental professional with knowledge of UK Rail and construction operations.
- Professionally qualified to Environmental, Environmental Engineering or Earth Sciences Degree level.
- Substantial work experience, preferably including time on large UK public infrastructure projects.
- Good experience in capacities directly relevant to managing specific environmental aspects of a construction project in an environmental capacity.
- Proven track record in working within a multidisciplinary team.
- Evidence of negotiation and influencing skills with ability to manage key relationships.