11 months ago
An ETCS Signalling Project Manager (CS037) is required on the Crossrail project for at least a year.
- To enable delivery of Stage 2 of the Crossrail Programme by coordinating and overseeing all ETCS integration signalling tests related activities led by Crossrail.
- Through the appropriate use of monitoring and reporting processes and through the interaction with stakeholders, examine the detailed requirements of the Formal ETCS Integration tests and put in place plans to check that the required testing and commissioning activities are planned for execution in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner within the parameters of the contracts that exist for Stage 2.
- The role will include leading the management of the data collection and video recording of the Formal ETCS tests (including close coordination with ESOL), conducting post testing forums to discuss the test logs and the production of a draft and final report for approval of the Chief Engineer for issue to relevant stakeholders.
- In addition the role will include coordination and facilitation to ensure stakeholders resolve any ETCS issues or defects identified by parties in pre CRL testing activities and supporting the coordination of stakeholders who require access for testing to operational proving at Heathrow.
- Proactive management of activities to ensure that the individual contracts understand and comply with the requirements of the Formal ETCS Testing at Heathrow Stage 2 as well as the associated guidance notes and the relevant contract documentation.
5. Person Specification
- Excellent knowledge and relevant experience in ETCS and Testing and Commissioning activities. Ideally, the testing and commissioning experience gained will have been on a major railway programme; with relevant licences or certification in systems engineering and project engineering, backed with relevant commissioning experience on major transportation projects.
- Qualified to degree level, ideally with Chartered Engineer status and an IRSE or other licence in project and/or test and commissioning competences.
- Excellent working knowledge of systems engineering, project engineering, testing tools and techniques, rolling stock capabilities, engineering configuration and change control.
- Knowledge and experience in contracts/subcontracts formulation, risk analysis, negotiations, and implementation including: Change control and documentation management, Cost trend program and its linkage to change control.
- Experience of managing the integration of different ETCS wayside and on-board systems.
- Knowledge of cross functional work processes and interface knowledge, especially Project Controls, Supply Chain management, Quality management, Design Assurance and the ability to manage the relationships/interfaces with management and functional groups.