E. London, London, England
almost 2 years ago
There is a requirement for a Lead Field Assurance Engineer (Mechanical) to come onto the Crossrail project on a contract-basis for at least 9-months based in Whitechapel, East London.
** PLEASE NOTE: if you have the skills & experience required for this role and they aren't written on your CV, it makes it difficult to identify you as a suitable candidate. **
- Directly reporting to the Lead Field Assurance Engineer - (Mechanical) on Site, for the assigned NEC3 contract(s) provide management support to act as Crossrail Technical and Engineering Lead on behalf of the Chief Engineer in order to ensure Crossrail's compliance of the Works with Sponsors Requirements and the Crossrail Assurance Process.
- On behalf of the Project Manager, represent the Chief Engineer by providing Technical Acceptance of the Contractors' submissions (including method statements and work package plans, on a risk based approach and where obligated by third party agreements) to ensure compliance with the project's Requirements, the NEC3 Contract, the Works Information Volumes 2A/B/C and CRL's Technical Assurance Plan, processes and procedures.
- Provide oversight of design completion and compliance for the Works and/or Element(s), including ensuring all boundaries, interfaces and systems are integrated and coordinated between interfacing contracts
- Support the production and acceptance of the project's Verification Activity Plans, including review and acceptance of the Contractor's Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs), compiling comments, and validating the required Witness, and Review points based on the respective technical and quality specification of the contract and applicable code requirements (supported by the Project Manager, the Chief Engineer and Quality Manager).
- Provide risk based assessment of assurance evidence produced by Contractors in areas including materials compliance, requirements compliance, interface management, verification and validation, RAMS, EMC, As Built information
- Reviewing and accepting the Contractors Commitments Compliance Plans, Construction Certificates and data to support the Employer's Completion Process and Handover Management Plan
Skills & Experience Required:
- Degree/ HND qualified engineer or equivalent experience (preferably Chartered/ Incorporated or working towards either)
- Previous Crossrail or TfL Assurance experience specifically is highly desirable.
- Site based experience of engineering and/or construction on major infrastructure projects, including experience of design, pre- construction activities, construction, testing & commissioning phases and the associated assurance thereof.
- Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes
- Knowledge of the NEC3 form of contract and of CDM Regulations
- Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures/regulations
For further Rail & Infrastructure updates, please connect with me on LinkedIn 'Rosie Wilkinson': https://www.linkedin.com/in/rosie-wilkinson/