Up to £0.00 per annum
9 months ago
A Field Engineer Track / Permanent Way is require for at least 6-months on the Crossrail project.
- Responsible for overseeing the technical and quality aspects of systemwide construction, testing and commissioning activities within an area of responsibility as appointed for a geographic location, contract or system.
- Assisting the Project Field Engineer in discharging delegated duties and responsibilities of the Supervisor under NEC3 ECC, where applicable.
- Undertaking reviews as required of systemwide contractor technical submittals, (including method statements and work package plans where obligated by third party agreements only).
- Providing Field Engineering input to the RFI / NCR / FCD process and where directed seeking input from the Railway Systems discipline specialists.
- Determining need (with the Project Field Engineer) to engage Railway Systems for interpretation or approval of design changes or non-conformances which constitute design changes.
- Providing input into engineering solutions / field sketches / specifications to resolve site based queries and coordinating resolution of issues with the Engineering Manager/ Railway Systems where required (and where it is not the responsibility of the contractor).
- Providing input to the NCR and Punch List process at contract level seeking support as required from the Railway Systems discipline specialists and other specialist functions in evaluating conformances and assessing contractor recommended dispositions.
- Manage works that have complex interfaces between sub-systems, and with the Crossrail civil station and Systemwide contracts, which require effective configuration and interface management during implementation, testing and commissioning phases.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Degree qualified engineer or equivalent experience in appropriate railway systems engineering discipline.
- Experience of engineering and/or construction on railway systems engineering project projects.
- Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes.
- Knowledge of the NEC3 form of contract and of CDM Regulations.
- Professional qualifications in Engineering.
- Design and construction experience in track systems.