£23 - £24 per day + Inside IR35
almost 3 years ago
Purpose of the Job
Responsible for overseeing the technical and quality aspects of systemwide construction, testing and commissioning activities within an area of responsibility as appointed for a geographic location, contract or system.
- Assisting the Project Field Engineer in discharging delegated duties and responsibilities of the Supervisor under NEC3 ECC, where applicable.
- Undertaking reviews as required of systemwide contractor technical submittals, (including method statements and work package plans where obligated by third party agreements only).
- Providing Field Engineering input to the RFI / NCR / FCD process and where directed seeking input from the Railway Systems discipline specialists.
- Determining need (with the Project Field Engineer) to engage Railway Systems for interpretation or approval of design changes or non-conformances which constitute design changes.
- Providing input into engineering solutions / field sketches / specifications to resolve site-based queries and coordinating resolution of issues with the Engineering Manager/ Railway Systems where required (and where it is not the responsibility of the contractor).
- Keeping the Project Field Engineer informed of technical issues on site.
- Monitoring the contractor in ensuring that proper processes are identified and implemented to achieve contractual quality compliance.
- Supporting the Project Field Engineer in the review and acceptance of contractor certification packages.
- Assisting the Construction Manager and Project Field Engineer in reviewing the programme of works.
- Monitoring the contractor's compliance with their ITPs and participating in witness and review points, seeking support as required from the Railway Systems discipline specialists.
- Providing input to the NCR and Punch List process at contract level seeking support as required from the Railway Systems discipline specialists and other specialist functions in evaluating conformances and assessing contractor recommended dispositions.
Main Challenges of the Job
- Manage works that have complex interfaces between sub-systems, and with the Crossrail civil station and Systemwide contracts, which require effective configuration and interface management during implementation, testing and commissioning phases.
- To support compliant handover of the completed works to both railway infrastructure operators.
- To ensure contractor compliance with safe methods of railway working, throughout the project execution phases.
- To ensure the internal interfaces between Crossrail contractors and the external relationships with Network Rail, London Underground and other project partners is managed in such a way as to ensure timely and safe completion of the programme.
- To ensure the contractor complies with their own quality systems.
- To work with the Project Manager and Project Construction Manager to build effective working relationships at the appropriate level within the contractor's team.
Dimensions & Interfaces (Internal and External)
- Reports to the Project Field Engineer.
- Works closely with construction management and site management staff, area quality representatives, systems integration and assurance team, engineering manager and document controllers.
- Experience of engineering and/or construction on railway systems engineering project projects.
- Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes
- Knowledge of the NEC3 form of contract and of CDM Regulations
- Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures/regulations
Role Specific Requirements
- Professional qualifications in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline.
- Design and construction experience in ventilation systems in tunnels.
- Have a good knowledge of railway regulations and standards.
- Familiar with railway operational requirements.