4 months ago
To provide & assemble Installation Release Notice technical assurance packs for Fire and BMS systems, in accordance with project assurance procedures, and the Installation/Testing and Commissioning programme.
Carry out all necessary inspections and attendance on the respective contractors, in order to produce IRN packs and ascertain the quality of the associated installation work is in line with requirements. Obtain the necessary acceptance / sign-off, of the IRN packs by Engineering Assurance Team.
- Ensure that enough information is available on Red Line drawings, (FCD's) Field Change Design information and (SAF) Site Assurance Files
- Ensure all necessary test data is included in the IRN packs prior to submitting to Assurance Team for review
- Monitor the works and confirm progress in line with the programme. Resolve any inconsistencies in the information provided including feedback on any changes made
- The post holder shall familiarise themselves with ITP's and ensure the work is being installed in accordance thereof.
- Arrange early inspections of the work with Quality Assurance Field Engineers to determine the need for corrective action as necessary, minimising the need for later corrective action
- Develop look ahead Programmes to produce IRN's in conjunction with the Package Manager. Attend weekly / daily review meetings as dictated by the programme
- Communicate with the Contractors workforce / sub-contractors to ensure information necessary to compile IRN packs is available in good time
- Check the works during the installation stage and on completion to ensure that it has been constructed in line with the information provided
- Plan / coordinate and set up IRN packs in good time to ensure delivery dates are met
- Working knowledge of BS 5839 and BS 7671
- Knowledge and experience of quality assurance systems and processes
- Good Communication & interpersonal skills who can liaise with staff within client and the Contractor teams
- Experienced in use of MS Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Previous 'Hands on' experience in the witness testing and commissioning of Fire Detection and Water Mist Systems, including BMS systems having worked on similar systems within Underground or other Rail projects
- Ability to assemble and coordinate IRN type Technical Assurance Packs that include Test Data, recording of design changes, Red Line Drawings and similar 'As Built 'Information for Fire Detection, Water Mist and BMS systems
- Experienced in the 'in-field' surveillance of Fire Detection and BMS installations and in assessing the quality and progress of the works as they progress to completion
- Comfortable in the production of feedback reports following surveillance activities
- Ability to review Contractors T&C test data and spot anomalies / errors as applicable