Rail- FLEET MANAGER - Hamburg
over 3 years ago
Job Title: FLEET MANAGER/FLEET ENGINEER
A leading rolling stock company is seeking a Fleet Manager to provide technical support to improve the maintenance, maintainability and reliability of operational fleet.
Fleet Managers are responsible for a dedicated fleet of wagons and its related Lessee(s).
Ensure customer satisfaction while maximizing the income (rentals minus costs) generated with this fleet.
Tasks of the Fleet Manager are:
- To establish a good cooperation with customer by regular direct and indirect communication about wagons rentals, maintenance program, follow up of immobilisation, treatment of claims and cost rebilling.
- To ensure that the rental contract with the customer is correctly implemented as per contract conditions:
- delivery of wagons,
- organization of the preventive maintenance and repairs
- follow up of repairs and edition of KPI
- preparation of arguments from availability reports (number of days down-time during the period/contract, monthly, quarterly and annual states),
- receipt and processing of customer claims,
- return of wagons
- To instruct invoicing of repair and transport costs to accountancy
- To check proformas and validate documents before transmission
- To issue claim files and re-invoice rail companies
Workshop/ Depot relationship
- Manage the realization of the maintenance with the maintenance suppliers :
- Establish all the necessary technical instructions to the workshops,
- Provide (directly or with the help of the Technical Department) technical support to workshops,
- Approve estimates and invoices,
- Validate the revision dates of wagons and wheelsets,
- Identify spare parts needs and process the requests on the system,
- Process exit documentation,
- Ensure the recording and traceability of maintenance,
- Release the wagon to service,
- Make workshops fulfil their requirements (downtimes, quality claims, documentation),
- Alert by opening an Incident Report in the event of an anomaly,
- Alert and involve the Technical Department in case of critical events,
Skills and experience required
Minimum 5 years' experience in fleet management for transport companies (Trucks, Containers, etc.)
- Reactivity and excellent problem solving skills and communication Problem Solving skills
- Problem Solving skills
- Language required German and English.
- General mechanics
- Interest in the maintenance and optimisation and enhancement projects
- Previous experience in Rail industry would be a plus but not mandatory