Up to £0.00 per annum
over 1 year ago
There is a requirement for a Geospacial Web Specialist on the Crossrail project on a contract-basis for at least a year in Stratford.
- To manage GIS applications and their system interfaces to ensure project information, required for the progress of the Project, is available to the Business.
- Responsible for the configuration and technical support of GIS server and web software.
- Develop and maintain GIS system interfaces to other business applications, including asset management, access management and other business systems as required.
- Develop functionality to enable custom workflows and functions to be applied to web-based tools.
- Provide technical support for teams.
- Provide training, assistance and guidance to members of the Project as required.
- Keep abreast of skills and knowledge within the discipline and undertake further training as necessary to update knowledge of GIS and CAD technology as it develops.
- Act as a designated reference point for GIS management within the Crossrail Project.
- Support the GIS team to ensure geospatial information is readily available to the Crossrail Project.
Skills & Experience Required:
Thoroughly competent in modern computer systems with specialised knowledge of:
- GIS products (ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Desktop and FME Desktop / Server) including architecture, configuration and customisation.
- Database products including Oracle Spatial and SQL Server.
- Experience in the administration of GIS software and associated Databases listed above.
- Knowledge of Spatial Database techniques and methodologies are essential.
- Experience with CAD technologies, specifically Bentley products (ProjectWise / Microstation), would be beneficial.
- Ability to set and maintain Project Standards connected with GIS data and systems.
- Knowledge of cartography/topographic surveying techniques, knowledge of London Survey Grid would be beneficial.
- Working knowledge of GIS industry standards such as those relating to metadata, topology, data sharing and OGC would be desirable.
- Relevant qualification (e.g. Degree or equivalent) or extensive proven experience in Geospatial Systems.