Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
There is a requirement for a GIS Coordinator to come onto the HS2 Phase 2b project in Birmingham on a 12-month rolling contract.
- A wide-ranging specialist role to design, project manage and deliver GIS analysis and products involving all aspects of mapping, analysis and data management required to support the delivery of the HS2 BIM strategy.
- Project manage the timely delivery of high quality GIS analyses and products through the full GIS lifecycle, ensuring all stakeholders' requirements are identified, specified, designed and integrated with existing systems through liaison with internal and external multi-disciplinary stakeholders e.g. Environment, Engineering, Property, Delivery, Consultation and Stakeholder engagement.
- Apply advanced GIS skills, principles and knowledge to undertake and coordinate complex GIS analysis and development, including web/mobile solutions, cartographic map outputs, data conversions/editing/capture, automated workflows and spatial database management in order to support programme needs e.g. Public Consultations, Parliamentary Questions, Ministerial Briefings and Safeguarding.
- Develop, review and assure HS2 GIS standards and specifications are adhered to through implementing and managing effective quality assurance and contractual processes in support of the HS2 BIM strategy to ensure a consistent and controlled version of approved spatial information is maintained, shared and managed throughout the HS2 programme.
- Look for business development opportunities and innovations in geospatial and BIM, in order to deliver a truly world class infrastructure project.
- Manage and quality assure the GIS outputs to HS2 standards completed by more junior members of the team and provide them with feedback and guidance to enable them to grow as GIS professionals.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Minimum of degree (or equivalent) in a relevant GIS subject or similar.
- Project management experience/qualification e.g. PRINCE2, AGILE.
- Strong cartographic/data management skills.
- Proven expertise in the ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise stack and spatial analytical tools.
- Knowledge of CAD data structure format and engineering design data.
- Knowledge of information management processes and best practice.
- Knowledge of web and mobile GIS solutions.
- Understanding of BIM and how GIS integrates and delivers BIM requirements.