East London, London
over 1 year ago
There is a requirement for a Health & Safety Specialist (Assurance) to come onto the Crossrail project for at least a year on a contract-basis in East London.
- Delivery of the health and safety assurance assessments and reviews in relation to stakeholders and compliance with health and safety legislation to ensure the support of Crossrail's Target Zero principles.
- Carry out H&S Assurance assessments and reviews in accordance with the Crossrail Integrated Audit & Assurance schedule and H&S Assurance Plan; produce reports and issue Corrective Action Requests in a timely manner.
- Support auditees (both internal and external) in understanding and addressing any identified deficiencies in their safe working processes.
- Provide advice and assistance so that others understand their obligations and how to achieve them.
- Compliance with health and safety legislation or company procedures, in design, construction and preparation for operation of the completed railway.
- Plan and implement assurance activities including surveillance, inspection and audit activities within the annual audit programme and annual assurance plan.
- Provide advice and information to support the development of health and safety management systems.
- Support in the management and development of Health and Safety Directorate initiatives to establish risk evaluation-based initiatives to support Target Zero.
- Support existing and new programmes to maintain and improve construction health and safety management across Crossrail and Stakeholder Management teams.
Skills & Experience Required:
- NEBOSH Diploma, NVQ level 4, or equivalent Health and Safety qualification supported by appropriate amount of relevant professional experience. NEBOSH Certificate / NEBOSH Construction Certificate may be acceptable if supported by substantial amount of relevant professional experience.
- Detailed working knowledge of OHSAS 18001 and UK Safety Legislation, with particular reference to safety in the construction and / or railway environment.
- Qualified systems auditor, preferably IRCA registered; appropriate amount of experience of carrying out and following up assessments / audits in a similar environment.
- Good working knowledge of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, and the application of these Standards in the construction and / or railway environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations and proven experience of advising on their implementation across all the duty holders.
- Strong communication skills with experience of working across all levels of an organisation.
- (S)NVQ level 3, or equivalent, management knowledge and skill supported by appropriate quantities of relevant continuous professional experience.
- Proven experience of delivering in a similar role in the railway / construction industry.
- Undertaking analysis of H&S audits and trending on this information