Stratford, Newham, E. London, London, England
12 days ago
There is a requirement for a Head of Assurance on the Crossrail project for at least 18-months on a Fixed-term Contract in Stratford, East London.
- The Head of Assurance is accountable to the Technical Director for ensuring that the Crossrail railway is fully assured at handover and for managing the processes and activities which will deliver that outcome.
- Safety management - the ESM team and all required deliverables, including Interoperability and approvals from the ORR
- Reliability Growth - overall RAM management and reliability growth/demonstration plans for the railway assets, systems and rolling stock in combination
- Requirements - managing the central team, CPFR and the DOORS database and associated evidence gathering to support completion of the works and proving overall sponsors requirements have been met
- Technical Assurance process - managing the central team and the processes and deliverables needed to enable Staged Completion at each Element., including planning liaison with Rob Little. Providing PM and admin support to run the RABC meetings.
- Handover and Staged Completion - manage the CRL strategy and process for Staged Completion and Handover, working with the Delivery teams
- Work with the new Head of Project Engineering to set priorities for close-out of assurance deliverables supporting the Technical Assurance Plan
- KPIs and Reporting - all necessary dashboards etc to support the above and to give visibility of progress and key issues
- Work with and support the activities of the new Systems Integration team as they establish a plan, and be an active member of the wider SI effort across the Technical Directorate ongoing
Skills & Experience Required:
- You will bring senior industry experience in the integration of complex systems in construction programmes: preferably on the client side. Ideally this would include rail or other transport experience
- You will have the ability to work well within a senior team, and across teams, in constructively challenging and contributing to the attainment of Crossrail's stated goals for the delivery of the project generally and systems integration specifically.
- You will bring strong analytical skills and understanding of complex issues when competing issues need to be resolved.
- Engineering Degree, (Chartered Engineer desirable)
- Excellent appreciation of railway approval and verification processes
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and track record of managing external bodies
- Excellent skills and experience in delivering, managing and improving performance
- Slick presentation skills - ability to convert complexity in to Board Level communication
- Broadly they will be managing technical assurance specialist and responsible for briefing key stakeholders such as CRL Board, CRL Exec Group, RfL, ORR RAB-C etc
For further Rail & Infrastructure updates, please connect with me on LinkedIn 'Rosie Wilkinson': https://www.linkedin.com/in/rosie-wilkinson/