almost 2 years ago
There is currently a requirement for a Head of Health and Safety SS&P to come onto the Crossrail project on a Fixed-term Contract for at least 9-months in Westferry, East London.
- The post-holder is to directly support the Crossrail Stations, Shafts & Portals Programme and maintain a strong relationship with the Programme Director and Delivery teams to ensure that a consistent approach and the highest standards regards health and safety are maintained.
- The post-holder will provide professional advice for the safe completion and handover of SS&P to the Infrastructure Managers.
- Manage a team of H&S professionals so they are appropriately assigned to support the SS&P projects with a focus on improving health and safety performance within the programme
- Support the Programme Director to lead a strategic SS&P Target Zero Improvement plan
- Ensure all Crossrail H&S campaigns, initiatives and improvements are effectively delivered throughout the SS&P programme
- On behalf of the H&S Director take the lead within the H&S Directorate for assuring H&S is factored in to all aspects of completion and handover
- Ensure all sites are subject to surveillance, inspection and audits, records kept, and data uploaded into the appropriate systems.
- Collaborate closely with contractors to enable them to understand and deliver their commitments under the contract with regards to health and safety standards and take appropriate action when required.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Proven experience of delivering in a similar role and evidence of successful management in a complex organisation with multiple interfaces
- Qualified to degree level with a NEBOSH Diploma or (S)NVQ level 5 or equivalent, in occupational health and safety supported by appropriate and relevant continuous professional development
- Chartered Member of IOSH - working towards may be considered for the right candidate
- Previous experience of commissioning a railway and bringing it in to service, either in the UK or overseas.
- Previous experience of deputising for the H&S Director.
- Experience of leading on assuring H&S throughout the completion and handover process in Crossrail.
- Close out experience.
- Previous experience of shaping and moulding teams so as best to support the completion of the programme.
For further Rail & Infrastructure updates, please connect with me on LinkedIn 'Rosie Wilkinson': https://www.linkedin.com/in/rosie-wilkinson/