East London, London
Up to £0.00 per annum
over 1 year ago
There is a requirement for a Head of Stations Commissioning for at least 9-months on a contract-basis in East London.
- To enable delivery of the Crossrail Programme by coordinating and overseeing activities between the delivery and other directorates to fulfil the requirements for testing and commissioning of the Crossrail stations, shafts and portals for the Central Section. Through the appropriate use of monitoring and reporting processes, checking that testing and commissioning activities for stations are managed in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner within the parameters of the contracts; supporting the Business in defining strategy for the execution of works within the directorates and checking that resources are engaged in a timely manner to assist Crossrail in delivering the works.
- Ensuring that individual projects within the delivery and technical directorates understand and comply with the requirements of the Testing and Commissioning Strategy and relevant contractual documents.
- Developing and maintaining key strategies for Testing and Commissioning of Stations, Shafts and Portals.
- Establishing the programmes for testing of integration scenarios and managing their delivery.
- Providing a source of expertise of stations commissioning for escalation of issues relating to testing and commissioning of stations.
- Establishing intervention teams to support stations in the final phases of commissioning and in stances where a project is struggling with progress in testing and commissioning.
- Providing professional leadership across the programme in the area of Testing & Commissioning of stations.
- Assisting in coordination of relationship management between the technical and delivery directorates, Crossrail operations and maintenance, the infrastructure managers, Network Rail, MTR-C and other stakeholders involved in stations testing and commissioning activities.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Expert knowledge and experience in commissioning of underground stations,
- Qualified to Chartered Engineer or equivalent
- Ability to effectively organize and staff a project team in a matrix organization.
- Working knowledge of standard infrastructure project management tools, techniques and procedures including: Project Controls, Financial management, Automation, including standard office tools, Records management, Root Cause Analysis
- Knowledge and experience in Project Execution Plan development and implementation
- Knowledge and experience in contracts/subcontracts formulation, risk analysis, negotiations, and implementation including: Change control and documentation management, Cost trend program and its linkage to change control,
- Knowledge of cross functional work processes and interface knowledge, especially Project Controls, Supply Chain management, Quality management, Design Assurance and the ability to manage the relationships/interfaces with management and functional groups.