East London, London
Up to £0.00 per annum
over 1 year ago
There is a requirement for a Health & Safety Generalist to join our Client's project in Westferry on a contract until at least the end of the year.
- Working to improve health & safety performance of the Client and its contractors. The post-holder works as part of the Heath & Safety team to promote improvements in health and safety management and performance. They are to work closely with the Crossrail project teams to ensure integration of the Crossrail Target Zero culture into daily work programmes on all sites and to promote various safety improvements and initiatives.
- This position will utilise the broad skill base of a health and safety professional to support the changing nature of the Crossrail project as it passes through its final stages of construction.
- Assist in the health and safety aspects of Procurement including development of documentation and evaluation of tender submissions.
- Critically review Contractor and designer health and safety related submissions to ensure they meet client and legal requirements (e.g. Construction Phase Plans including designers and construction risk assessments, method statements etc).
- Lead and assist in regular documented monitoring activities including on-site surveillance, process audits and project assessments (CDM & Gateway) and other assurance activities.
- Advise Delivery Teams on health and safety matters and assist them to discharge their duties.
- Conduct investigations into incidents as required.
- Assist with the production of health & safety documentation required for completion and handover including the Health and Safety File, training materials and O&M Manuals
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience in Construction and/or Estate Management health and safety management.
- Ability to oversee health and safety aspects of Construction and Testing & Commissioning.
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate would be a desirable qualification, but those with an interest in health and safety who have undertaken the roles of either construction manager or field engineer will also be suitable.
- Experience of incident investigation.
- Experience of working with M&E and /or Rail systems during energisation and bringing into use operational infrastructure assets.
- Experience of developing, managing and delivering health and safety initiatives.
- Experience of undertaking assurance activities.
- Ability to work under own initiative as well as contribute to and support the Health and Safety Teams.
- Knowledge of CDM requirements.
- The role will require occasional site attendance out of normal working hours (to include weekend, nights and bank holidays) as requested by the Project Manager/H&S Manager. Wherever possible this will be notified to you at least 5 days in advance unless there is an unforeseen emergency situation and this will be managed through local agreement with your Line Manager with time off in lieu agreed at time of initial request.