Rail: Health & Safety Manager: East London
Up to £0.00 per annum
about 4 years ago
There is a requirement for a Health & Safety Manager to join the Crossrail project at least until the end of the year.
- Working to improve health & safety performance of Crossrail and its contractors in line with Crossrail's Target Zero principles.
- The post will work within either area delivery or health & safety specialist teams, this post-holder will maintain strong relationships with Area Delivery Directors and others to ensure a consistent approach is taken with regards to health & safety management.
- Manage a team of health & safety professionals to improve health & safety performance within the programme.
- Advise Delivery Teams on health & safety matters and assist them to discharge their duties.
- Ensure all sites in their area are subject to surveillance, inspection and audits as per the agreed master schedule, records kept, and data uploaded into the appropriate systems.
- Collaborate closely with contractors to enable them to understand and deliver their commitments under the contract with regards to health and safety standards and taken appropriate action when required.
- Provide guidance to teams on conducting data analysis to identify trends and implement improvement plans to address emerging issues.
- Consider contractor health and safety performance and identify relevant leading indicators to improve H&S performance and monitor/report on same.
- Deliver Target Zero initiatives across the area of responsibility maintaining a common approach with other health & safety teams.
- Advise Directors of their duties under CDM and allocate resources to assist and advise on CDM and risk documentation in meeting CRL's Client, CDM-C and Designer responsibilities.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Significant experience in heavy construction health & safety management at a senior level.
- NEBOSH Diploma, degree or equivalent in Occupational Health & Safety Management.
- Experience of large civil engineering and rail projects.
- Experience of incident investigation (preference for TOPSETT training).