Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £0.00 per annum
over 2 years ago
Health & Safety Manager required for Major HS2 Station Project in the Midlands.
Permanent Staff Position.
Salary negotiable depending on relevant experience plus excellent benefits package.
Candidates Must have experience of working on the Client side and the experience of working withing a functional matrix organisation. Experience within Design Development leading to Design & Build. Strong Project Assurance experience with good stakeholder management skills and CDM Regs Knowledge.
Through the provision of legally accurate information, guidance, engagement and demonstrable leadership the Health and Safety Manager shall create an environment where health and safety is always the first consideration and empower the project teams to speak up and intervene where something is unsafe taking responsibility for the safety of themselves and others.
- Direct and provide clear guidance and support to the project teams and others in the implementation and discharge of legal duties in the role of client and principal designer as per the definitions within the Construction and Design Management Regulations 2015
- Develop and coordinate with the project teams a programme which implements the compnay occupational health targets, driving innovation across the project management team
- Lead the implementation of health and safety assurance and monitoring in accordance with company requirements
- Act as the main point of contact for information and support within a given project area as delegated by the Head of Health and Safety, directing and leading a team of effective and co-ordinated Health and Safety Advisors
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with the project management team, stakeholders and the supply chain creating an environment of collaboration, shared learning and fair culture
- Control the arrangements for the reviewing and commenting on contractor/supplier documents on behalf of the appointed NEC Project Manager, identifying technical support available within the team and associated co-ordination and utilisation
- Establish arrangements that ensures that information necessary to control health and safety risk is collected and collated and provided to those that need it through dynamic information flows
- Raise awareness through training of the project teams in requirements
- and carry out assurance and monitoring in order to track contractor performance as a client
- Develop a strategy that provides the necessary tools to support training, briefing and coaching to the project safety management team on health and safety requirements
- Provide advice in relation to the preparation of CDM documentation, making sure that information is cascaded onwards in support of following pre-construction Information requirements
- Direct the project management team to the Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Policy by actively promoting and embedding this policy in their work. To support organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
A qualification in general or construction health and safety law and practice recognised by IOSH or the British Safety Council at least NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent experience
Requirements of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
Understand the application of the Health and Safety at Work, etc. Act 1974 and other legislation relevant to project activities
Knowledge of accident and incident investigation and reporting health and safety issues
Knowledge of online incident reporting systems for health and safety
BS14001 or equivalent
Awareness of occupational health management
Practical implementation of health and safety by design.