about 1 year ago
The Project Human Resources Representative is responsible for coordinating HR support to management and employees on assigned project(s) for a range of Human Resources (HR) issues. Coordinating with the People Operations organization and GBU Business Partners, the duties will include:- assisting and coordinating with staffing, on-boarding, implementing HR policies and assignment conditions, mobilising and demobilising employees and facilitating with training and development. Flexibility and teamwork are key in this role as the HR organization moves through a transformative period.
Staffing and Recruitment
- Liaise with People Operations to ensure the provision of a recruitment service which delivers the right people at the right time.
- Support staffing for assigned projects by liaising with project hiring managers and maintaining SRM/SmartStaff updates as required. This includes oversight of project staffing plans, coordinating with Project Controls.
- Manage employee demobilization schedules and release dates in alignment with project staffing plans, including short term assignment tracking. This includes preparation of completion paperwork for project personnel in accordance with local legal and company requirements as applicable.
Compensation and Benefits
- Implement employee assignment conditions/allowances including any necessary per diem and allowance modifications in conjunction with People Operations.
- Oversee and support implementation of salary and bonus planning processes on project.
- Support projects to estimate the total cost of new hires / nationalizing current employees/international assignees.
Policy / Process / Legal
- Ensure visa and immigration compliance as required for project personnel, including, compliance for entry and exit requirements, position change notifications, local processing and assistance.
- Develop and implement appropriate policies for the effective management of the project and HR issues in conjunction with People Operations.
- Ensure that project work rules are compliant with Client's policy and local laws, whilst being aware of local/national safety codes.
- Work with Project Management to ensure processes are in place that align with Client HR policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Promote equality and inclusion in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviors when interacting with colleagues.
- Champion and model applicable health and safety behaviors by taking care of self and colleagues by following safe working procedures at all times.
- Protect the confidentiality and integrity of corporate information from unauthorized disclosure/modification/destruction and data collection/privacy of all workers on the project by taking appropriate measures.
- Translate corporate policies into workable project processes.
Learning and Development
Develop and facilitate onboarding and welcome packages for employees, including pre-employment
- checks and ongoing requirements such as medicals and other project specific requirements.
- Work with People Operations to coordinate and execute project learning and talent requirements along with corporate HR training requirements.
- Oversee and support implementation of processes for employee appraisal, competency assessment, training-needs identification and development planning.
- Arrange and facilitate upward feedback sessions.
- Support community outreach and early careers programs such as work experience, summer internships, apprentices and graduate recruitment/development.
- Maintain local employee relations issues and BCMS updates, coordinating with the People Operations.
- Coach and guide project assigned supervisors on basic matters and/or basic employee relations issues.
Strategy / Organization
- Act as the primary point of contact with partner organizations on all people-related issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology or other relevant discipline from an accredited university
- Significant experience in delivering client facing HR services to senior level management.
- Relevant experience in a generalist HR role including project support experience.
- Commercial awareness and knowledge of applicable HR related contractual requirements.
- Well-developed communication (written and verbal), influencing, facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of disciplinary processes and termination legislation/administration.
- Experience of staffing and recruitment processes.
- Experience of advising on ER issues.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to interpret HR policy and processes.
- Good working knowledge and application of local employment legislation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Business Objects and HRMS systems.
- Ability to understand project and business objectives and to implement HR practices to support such objectives.
- Experience with Smartstaff or SRM staffing management tools.