Up to £0.00 per day + Public Sector IR35
about 2 years ago
Purpose of the Job
To support effective delivery of the works in designated areas through the coordination of interfaces, monitoring and reporting of progress, and resolution of problems. Predominantly, but not exclusively, focused on the complex interfaces with installation and test works on Network Rail's infrastructure on the Western and Anglia Routes.
- Supporting the Project Manager in preparing communications and instructions to designated contractors in accordance with the Works Contracts Administration Procedures.
- Overseeing construction and testing & commissioning activities of designated contracts at designated sites/ areas of responsibility.
- Facilitating interfaces at designated sites, including interfaces between designated contractors and adjacent contractors, including Principal Contractors.
- Monitoring programme objectives and contractor progress and performance against the contract milestones and current accepted programme; reviewing productivity of installed quantities against forecasts.
- Completing progress reports; keeping the Project Manager informed of contract and site progress & performance (safety, quality and programme)
- Supporting the Project Manager in managing key stakeholder relationships in coordination with the contractor and community relations officers; monitoring contractors' compliance with relevant Commitments.
- Providing constructability input during review of contractor/engineering submissions.
- Reviewing the contractor's works programme and liaising with the contractor and others as required to facilitate execution of the works in accordance with the programme.
- Monitoring contractor's compliance with contractual requirements regarding mobilisation and logistics.
- Supporting the Project Field Engineer / Construction Manager in monitoring contractor compliance with the Construction Quality Plan, and in resolution of NCRs and snag list items at contract level.
- Monitoring and supporting the contractor's compliance with Environmental, and Health and Safety requirements, escalating issues where required. Checking there is a satisfactory level of health and safety through taking reasonable care of own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role.
- Input to the review and acceptance of contractor Works Package Plan submittals.
- Ensure that the Contractor faults and maintains any installed assets in line with interim maintenance arrangements until such assets are formally handed into maintenance.
- The implementation of the Review and Acceptance of Safe Systems of Work Procedure.
- To be responsible for the management of Health and Safety for direct reports.
Main challenges of the job
- Supporting the Employer in monitoring the progress of the works against programme and tracking site activity.
- Supporting the Employer in protecting reputation through management of stakeholders and monitoring contractor compliance with consents and commitments.
- Supporting the Employer in managing interfaces with other contracts and third parties beyond the contractor's control.
Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
- Reports to a designated Project Manager
- Works closely with Project Field Engineer, Business Manager, other Site Engineers, Area HSE representatives, Community Relations representatives.
- Collaborates closely with contractor's and subcontractor's representatives.
- Develops effective working relationships with key stakeholders and community representatives.
- Experience of managing construction works on comparable major project infrastructure works.
- Relevant experience on a large scale infrastructure project.
- IRSE Licensed in Signalling Installation
- Understanding of project controls processes.
- Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures.
- Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors.
- Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/ subcontractor's responsibilities contained in subcontract documents.
- Knowledge of communication based Signalling Systems.
- Knowledge of Network Rail signalling systems and processes.
- Previous relevant experience in the construction or testing and commissioning project delivery of signalling systems in the rail industry.
- To drive the programme and be results driven.
- To produce progress reports of construction and T&C activities.
- To have proactive can do attitude and be prepared to take the initiative.
- A proven flexible problem solver with project delivery experience.