Public Sector IR35
10 months ago
Purpose of the job
To support the Interoperability Manager and the Head of System Safety and Interoperability in providing oversight to monitor that Interoperability Requirements on the Project are complied with in a manner that is consistent with UK Law and good practice, in order to achieve Authorisation for Placing into Service.
Supporting in relation to:
- Acting as part of the systems team in all matters relating to Interoperability aspects of the program
- Support the contractors and delivery teams in the preparation and presentation of compliance evidence to satisfy the Interoperability Requirements and achieve timely authorization for placing into service
- Maintaining good relationships with engineering teams, in accordance with the processes and controls for Technical assurance activities as part of the project's lifecycle
- Interfacing with project teams and providing external assessment bodies regular updates and progress reports, to facilitate timely resolution of any issues relevant to compliance
- Representing on interoperability compliance matters internally
- Day to day liaison activities with the Chief Engineers' group and individual project team as required
- Tracking the impact of on compliance due to changes in requirements and changes in ownership as the project draws to completion
- Providing assistance in the assembly and review of project documentation, including Technical File content
- Providing active support to the preparation of monthly status reports for Interoperability
- Assist in the preparation and execution of Interoperability briefs
- Demonstrating understanding of the Common Safety Method (CSM) on risk evaluation and assessment
Main challenges of the job
To support the Interoperability Manager in:
- Delivering timely evidence of compliance with Technical Specifications for Interoperability from Departments, contractors and the Delivery teams
- Checking that the CRL project meets it legal requirements under UK law as specified in Project Authorisation Strategy
- Managing successfully any conflicts between delivery schedules and quality of evidence
Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
Key working relationships:
- Internal Interfaces - Technical, Health and Safety, Project Delivery, Assurance Team, Project Managers, Engineering Managers and Discipline Engineers
- External Interfaces -Contractors; Project Delivery, Sponsors representatives on the project PRep, NoBos; DeBos; AsBo;, etc.
- Industry Partners (Network Rail, London Underground, Rail For London, DLR)
- Relevant Engineering degree qualification.
- Detailed knowledge of at least one structural TSI and the principles of Authorisation under Interoperability.
- Experience in railway projects and safety assurance.
- Excellent inter-personal skills with proven ability to work effectively as part of a multidiscipline management team
- Ability to work with other disciplines to meet delivery dates in the railway industry.
- Excellent written and oral presentation and communication skills