Birmingham, West Midlands
about 2 years ago
Land Access Manager
As a Land Access Manager you will be required to engage with landowners and land agents to secure timely access to land to enable survey activities to proceed in accordance with the wider Hybrid Bill and Construction programmes.
About the role:
- Formal instruction and coordination of the activities of Client's supply chain to ensure access to land is secured in time for survey activity (for ecological, noise, environmental and ground investigation assessments) to proceed in accordance with agreed programmes;
- Manage access requests for key technical stakeholders (e.g. Network Rail, Environmental Agency, Canal & River Trust and Highways England), utilities); provide single point of contact across the business for access to land owned by key technical stakeholders to ensure access requests are coordinated, costs managed, and disruption to stakeholders kept to a minimum;
- Manage and reconcile the Environmental and Ground Investigation survey scope datasets to ensure that landowners are provided with accurate information via the supply chain, to assist in securing agreement;
- Co-ordinate with Construction and project teams in relation to access requirements for Ground investigation surveys, including sense check of borehole locations, advance notice and collating access taken for survey payment generation, and location/negotiation of sites for secure works compounds;
- Negotiate and finalise disturbance, crop loss and reinstatement claims where received from external landowners in a transparent, fair and equitable manner consistent with the use of public money.
Qualifications / About You:
- Professional membership of relevant institution (RICS, CAAV, RTPI, APM, etc)
- Experience of engaging with landowners over access to land for surveys and investigations
- Experience of assessing claims for loss (crop loss, reinstatement, etc);
- Experience of compiling and analysing data using Excel (or equivalent), GIS and database reporting tools experience of managing external supplier
- The post-holder is expected to behave at all times in a manner consistent with the Client's values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity and Respect
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV.
Please attach an updated word version of your CV and include / highlight any relevant experience directly related to the criteria in the job advert.