about 1 year ago
There is a requiremenent for a Land Handback & Commercial Manager on the Crossrail project at least until September 2020 on a Fixed-term Contract basis in Stratford, East London.
- To professionally manage, validate and administer all Estate commercial related property matters, including leases, licences, rent and fee calculations. To be responsible for the evaluation, checks and certification of rent, service charge, estates charge, insurance, business rates and other contract supplier bills etc
- To track and proactively manage business rate budget forecasts, refunds and rental income where applicable, working with the Head of Estates to ensure appropriate commercial property budgets are in place, that appropriate purchase orders are raised, invoices received are appropriately validated and payment made within the necessary timescales.
- Project manage clean delivery of allocated land from principle contractors through to end users acting as a key focus point for each Delivery Project Manager and Head of Estates.
- Manage the Estates commercial related property interests and budget i.e. rent, rates, insurance and service charge related activities etc, working with finance, consultants, managing agents and local authorities maintaining a database of account records for audit.
- To validate and ensure appropriate budgets, purchase orders, invoices received and payments align and are undertaken in a professional and timely manner.
- Work with TfL on rental valuations, rent reviews, arrears, lettings, site inspections, tenant queries, site meetings, reactive/planned landlord and tenant maintenance or repair obligations liaising with the Estates Senior Property Manager.
- Manage Crossrail's rating consultants in preparation of robust annual rating forecasts, quarterly payment validation reports, rebates and stringent payments on time to local authorities.
- Assist where required in the validation, certification and payment of other estate contract invoices ensuring support information aligns with actual work undertaken to provide value for money and that payment is within correct timescales.
- Undertake management of assigned Estate land parcels, working with the Land Asset Manager, Senior CAD operator, Head of Estates and relevant project managers to successfully return and document assigned construction use land onto a specified end user.
- Document successful land transfers using certificates and CAD drawings into the Estates database.
Skills & Experience Required:
- The suitable person should either be qualified, recently qualified or working towards becoming professionally qualified in a property related discipline i.e. MRICS. Alternatively, they will be able to demonstrate suitable property experience managing rates, rent, lease and licences.
- Accordingly, the job holder should refer to the attached skills matrix outlining the requirements for this particular role in the following areas: Health & Safety; Environment; Cost Management; Risk Management; Leadership; Able to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
For further Rail & Infrastructure updates, please connect with me on LinkedIn 'Rosie Wilkinson': https://www.linkedin.com/in/rosie-wilkinson/