East London, London
Up to £0.00 per annum
about 2 years ago
There is a requirement for a Lead Contract Administrator to come onto the Crossrail project in East London on a contract-basis (inside IR35).
*** PLEASE NOTE: This is not a General Office Administrator role, please carefully read the 'Skills & Experience Required' section before applying ***
- To administer, analyse, review and close contracts that have been remitted to central administration.
- Analyse the contract terms and conditions and highlight areas of risk; such as ambiguities, conflicts or deviations from the scope of work.
- Make recommendations on the mitigation of these risks; monitor performance and supporting remedial actions.
- Develop and manage appropriate mechanisms to monitor compliance within contract terms and conditions.
- Work with the other Project Team members to check that actions or inactions which could result in constructive contract changes are identified and suggest possible ways of resolving the situation.
- Develop and manage a procedure to recognize and identify contract disputes as they develop and manage the timely resolution under the changes provisions wherever possible, obtaining claims and legal expertise as appropriate.
- Maintain positive working relationships with Construction, Engineering, Procurement, Legal and Risk Management to facilitate organisational interfaces between those performing (sub)contract administration.
- Check that the Project adheres to contract insurance provisions and that any requirements in this regard are implemented.
- Ensure contracts are closed out in accordance with Employer completion process requirements.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Degree (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying, Engineering or Construction Management.
- Membership of a relevant professional institution e.g. RICS, ICE, CIOB (Desirable).
- Substantial experience of Contract Commercial Management within the civil engineering, commercial building and/or rail environment.
- Experience of large value programmes of civil engineering or rail work.
- Experience of managing and negotiating complex contract claims and Disputes.
- Understanding and a working knowledge of standard construction and infrastructure industry contract types with NEC/ECC experience advantageous.