Up to £0.00 per annum
7 months ago
A Lead Cost Engineer is required on the Crossrail project on a contract basis in London.
* As part of the Project team, works with the Project Manager and other team members to analyse and report on the cost status of the works.
* To actively manage and support the Cost Engineers working within the Project, so that they are able to meet their own deliverables in terms of quality and timeliness.
* Interface with contract administration on contract issues and status of changes. Provides assistance with assessment of changes.
* Participate and manage the preparation of cost studies utilising historical data, statistical analysis and cost and quantity comparisons. To help innovate and develop new techniques as required to meet specific needs.
* It is essential that the Lead Cost Engineer is seen to be a key member of an integrated project team and can demonstrate that they have a full knowledge of the project scope/ schedule and all cost related issues
* The Lead Cost Engineer must be seen to be pro active relating to all cost and schedule issues (leadership).
* The Lead Cost Engineer should always be prepared to question if there are any alternative options available when change is identified to ensure that the effect on cost and schedule is minimal.
* All required cost information needs to be delivered inline with the project reporting timetable as part of a 4 weekly reporting cycle.
Skills & Experience:
* Experience and demonstrated skill in cost engineering functions, including cost estimating, cost control and cost analysis.
* Construction experience as a Cost Engineer preferable.
* Skilled in oral and written communication, with demonstrated skill in presenting cost engineering information to management/clients.
* Knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction and startup work processes.
* Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
* Bachelor degree or equivalent, preferably in Engineering or Construction Management or
Quantity Surveying or equivalent experience.
* An advanced level of Excels skills desirable.
* An intermediate level of forecasting, scheduling techniques and risk analysis.