West London, London
3 months ago
There is a requirement for a Lead Field Assurance Engineer (Electrical) to come onto the Crossrail project in West-London on a contract-basis at least until the end of 2019. To be suitable for this role you should have extensive experience in Technical Assurance.
- Directly reporting to the Supervisor's Representative on Site, for the assigned NEC3 contract(s) and to act as the Technical and Engineering Lead on behalf of the Chief Engineer in order to ensure Crossrail's compliance of the Works with Sponsors Requirements and the Crossrail Assurance Process.
- On behalf of the Project Manager, represent the Chief Engineer by providing Technical Acceptance of the Contractors' submissions (including method statements and work package plans, on a risk based approach and where obligated by third party agreements) to ensure compliance with the Employer's Requirements, the NEC3 Contract, the Works Information Volumes 2A/B/C and CRL's Technical Assurance Plan, processes and procedures.
- Provide oversight of design completion and compliance for the Works and/or Element(s), including ensuring all boundaries, interfaces and systems are integrated and coordinated between interfacing contracts
- Provide resolution of arising technical issues, RFI's, FCD's, NCR's, derogations, concessions.
- Support the production and acceptance of the Employer's Verification Activity Plans, including review and acceptance of the Contractor's Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs), compiling comments, and validating the required Witness, and Review points based on the respective technical and quality specification of the contract and applicable code requirements (supported by the Project Manager, the Chief Engineer and Quality Manager).
- Provide risk based assessment of assurance evidence produced by Contractors in areas including materials compliance, requirements compliance, interface management, verification and validation, RAMS, EMC, As Built information
Skills & Experience Required:
- Degree/ HND qualified engineer or equivalent experience (preferably Chartered/ Incorporated)
- Site based experience of engineering and/or construction on major infrastructure projects, including experience of design, pre- construction activities, construction, testing & commissioning phases and the associated assurance thereof
- Extensive knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes
- Knowledge of the NEC3 form of contract and of CDM Regulations
- Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures/regulations