East London, London
Up to £0.00 per annum
over 2 years ago
There is a requirement for a M&E Site Engineer on the Crossrail project on a contract-basis (inside IR35) in East London.
- To support the Employer in relation to the monitoring of jobsite activities by contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers, the coordination of interfaces; and the overseeing of progress and productivity of the works.
- Supporting the Project M&E Delivery Manager in preparing communications and instructions to contractors in accordance with the Works Contracts Administration Procedures.
- Overseeing construction activities of construction contracts within the area of responsibility at each geographic location or system based area.
- Monitoring the contractor's management of direct hire and subcontract relations, and utility/rail interfaces on site.
- Supporting interfaces between the assigned principle contractor and other adjacent or follow-on Crossrail contracts on site.
- Monitoring programme objectives and contractor progress and performance against the contract milestones and current accepted programme; reviewing productivity of installed quantities against forecasts.
- Providing reports of daily activity; keeping the Project M&E Delivery Manager informed of contract and site progress & performance.
- Supporting the Project Manager in key stakeholder relationships in coordination with the contractor and community relations officers; monitoring contractor's activity in community relations.
- Providing constructability input during review of contractor/engineering submissions.
- Monitoring the Work Programme and liaising with the contractor to seek notice of activities and interventions.
- Monitoring the contractors compliance with their Commitments Compliance Plan, as well as mobilisation and logistics
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience of managing the construction of significant value packages of work on comparable major project infrastructure works
- Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes
- Understanding of project controls processes
- Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures
- Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors.
- Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/ subcontractor's