West London, London
£00.00 - £1 per annum
3 months ago
There is a requirement on the Crossrail project for a MEP Delivery Manager in West London on a contract-basis (inside IR35) or fixed-term contract until at least the end of the year.
- To support the Business by overseeing the on-site delivery and safe installation of MEP services by the principle contractor as well as to oversee the MEP interfaces between contractors.
- Oversee MEP construction/installation activities at Bond Street Station.
- Liaise with the principle contractor and Project Manager's team to identify MEP risk, opportunities. Work with principle contractor to implement risk mitigation and opportunities.
- Review of MEP activities in contract programme, ensuring that a robust MEP programme is maintained and that opportunities are identified and implemented.
- Monitor MEP resource levels, work with the principle contractor to ensure that resources levels are adequate and effectively deployed.
- Review productivity of installed quantities against forecasts, providing reports as required.
- Ensure effectiveness of MEP shift handovers.
- Ensure compliance with the LU Infrastructure Protection Plan for MEP works within the operational LU station environment.
- Support interfaces between the principle contractor and other contractors / interfaces during the MEP construction, testing & commissioning and handover stages.
- Provide support to the Supervisor's Representative in monitoring principle contractor compliance with the Construction Quality Plan. Drive resolution of MEP NCR's and closing of snags.
- Provide input into and drive the resolution of MEP design issues.
- Support cost engineers and planners with assessing the impact of MEP changes on cost and schedule.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Degree in Engineering, Construction management or equivalent experience, all with an MEP focus.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Experience and some formal training in pricing, contract law, contract administration, effective correspondence, planning scheduling and cost control.
- Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices, experience of dealing with MEP works packages, design, installation, testing and commissioning.
- Knowledge of the NEC3 form of contract and of CDM Regulations.
- Knowledge of LU processes and procedures.
- Relevant project management / engineering / construction experience to support effective management of interface issues.