Up to £0.00 per annum
almost 2 years ago
A NR Site Engineer is required on a contract-basis on the Crossrail project in East London.
- To support effective delivery of the works in designated areas through the coordination of interfaces, monitoring and reporting of progress, and resolution of problems.
- Supporting the Project Manager in preparing communications and instructions to designated contractors in accordance with the Works Contracts Administration Procedures.
- Overseeing construction and testing & commissioning activities of designated contracts at designated sites/ areas of responsibility
- Facilitating interfaces at designated sites, including interfaces between designated contractors and adjacent contractors, including Principal Contractors.
- Monitoring programme objectives and contractor progress and performance against the contract milestones and current accepted programme; reviewing productivity of installed quantities against forecasts.
- Providing constructability input during review of contractor/engineering submissions.
- Reviewing the contractor's works programme and liaising with the contractor and others as required to facilitate execution of the works in accordance with the programme.
- Monitoring contractors compliance with contractual requirements regarding mobilisation and logistics
- Providing support to the Project Field Engineer / Construction Manager in monitoring contractor compliance with the Construction Quality Plan, and in resolution of NCRs and snag list items at contract level.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience of managing construction works on comparable major project infrastructure works
- Relevant experience on a large scale infrastructure project.
- Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes
- Understanding of project controls processes
- Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures
- Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors.
- Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/ subcontractor's responsibilities contained in subcontract documents
- Knowledge of signalling systems (e.g. communication based Signalling Sytems)
- Knowledge of Network Rail signalling systems
- Previous relevant experience in the construction or testing and commissioning project delivery of signalling systems in the rail industry
- To drive the programme and be results driven
- To produce progress reports of construction and T&C activities