Rail - O&M Information Specialist - East London
over 3 years ago
There is a requirement for x2 Operations and Maintenance Information Specialists to come onto the Crossrail project on a contract-basis for at least 6-months in Stratford, East London.
- To support the management of information for handover from Crossrail demonstrating to Operators, Maintainers and industry regulators that they have received all the information needed to accept and safely run CRL assets.
- To facilitate this, CRL have developed a digital structure and set of template enablers for the delivery of Operation and Maintenance (O&M) information at the facility, Primary Functional Unit (System), Functional Unit (Sub System) and asset/equipment level.
- The principle purpose of this role is to assist the Handover Information Manager in implementing the O&M information requirements, supporting the delivery and compliance of information by site teams relating to Crossrail assets in this structure.
- This role will help ensure a consistent and compliant set of O&M information that enables the operators and maintainers to accept and safely operate CRL assets.
- Work with and support the O&M Information Coordinator in providing the guidance to CRL project sites in the provision and accurate review of O&M information.
- Participate in, and take lead, resolving issues relating to the delivery of information through processes directly managed by the Handover Information Team.
- Work with the Document Control and Asset Teams following the processes in place for building the digital environment to manage O&M information.
- Facilitate compliance reviews with the Compliance Manager on behalf of the Handover team to ensure that O&M Manual information is compliant with the requirements, as well as reviewing conclusions and reporting any recommendations for improvement.
- Investigate inconsistencies in data and information models, ensuring final metadata and categorisation is compliant with approved Handover model
- Ensure the availability of up to date O&M guidance material, providing guidance and support to all Crossrail staff on O&M information processes and structure.
- Provide guidance to ensure the virtual structures for Handover in eB are clearly understood and properly utilised by document controllers working within Crossrail
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience in writing or compiling O&M Manuals is essential (this will need to be clear on your CV)
- Managing or being involved with handover of information from delivery to operations in rail industry or other major engineering infrastructure projects is essential
- Experience in working with eB essential and eB Director an advantage
- Knowledge and experience with Information Management principles including the capture of requirements and analysing gaps
- Experience planning and driving meetings involving multiple stakeholders and driving follow-up actions to completion
- Must be a team player with a flexible and can-do approach, strong work ethics, good interpersonal skills and takes initiative
- Good keyboard skills, telephone skills and an excellent standard of spoken and written communication and good competency in numeracy and literacy
- Ability to manage large sets of data in Excel using formulas and use of other advanced features is essential
- Intermediate to advanced use of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Publisher and Outlook.
For further Rail & Infrastructure updates, please connect with me on LinkedIn 'Rosie Wilkinson': https://www.linkedin.com/in/rosie-wilkinson/