Up to £0.00 per annum
almost 2 years ago
Operational Support Administrator
- Purpose of the Job
Provide a wide variety of administrative and project support services to the Operations Directorate through research, analysis and coordination with functional departments and disciplines.
- Principal Accountabilities
- Prepare reports and studies of a non-technical or a semi-technical nature, using Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Review incoming communications, work orders and service requests for subject matter content and direct them to appropriate supervisor's attention.
- Compose routine correspondence in response to requests for department services; answers inquiries from other departments, area offices or outside entities. Monitors all follow-up actions required by supervisor/manager.
- Extract data from reference material, either semi-technical or non-technical in scope. Compiles, analyses and prepares or helps prepare information for studies or reports, such as organisation planning, charts, graphs and work load forecasts.
- Organise material for meetings, presentations and training sessions.
- Operate a variety of audio-visual equipment in the presentation of programs, orientation and conferences.
- Help develop and monitor budget or financial information, such as comparing past costs with future costs, auditing invoices and verifying labour reports.
- Review deliverables of assigned staff and monitors quality to check that all documents conform to established standards and procedures.
- May implement records management program. Maintains files of various historical data.
- Assist the Documents Controller (DC) in their duties, performs the duties of the DC when there is no DC.
- Assist in personnel activities, such as recruitment, policy administration and compensation administration or employee development.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Client's Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate with Client in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Act as a role model for Client's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Client's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Client's information or information systems at risk
- Main Challenges of the Job
- Deadlines are usually tight and strict and as such the job can be demanding but it is essential that all deadlines and changing priorities are met.
- Often a requirement to work beyond the parameters of the role by finding an intelligent approach to confronting and resolving problems.
- Keeping up-to-date with latest software systems e.g. Sharepoint, eB etc in order to be a competent and effective administrator in relation to document control skills.
- Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
- Supervisor; project management and other project team members and Client.
- Relationships, Project team administration staff, Client administration and management, Contractors and their specific field personnel, some non-project service organizations.
- Team sizes approximately 15-20 strong.
- As specifically required to develop budget and work plans and monitor progress on a routine basis.
- Person Specification
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of technical vocabularies and terminology common to a major civil / rail infrastructure project.
- Working knowledge of administrative functions, including budget and financial functions.
- Some experience of training and supervising staff.
- Experience of developing and analysing information for studies and reports.
- Good working knowledge of software applications, creating spreadsheets with mathematical functions, and enhancing presentation reports.