over 2 years ago
Purpose of the Job
To assist Maintenance Engineers in reviewing Operation & Maintenance (O&M) documentation to ensure that as-built, asset data and spares information are to the required quality and format at Acceptance.
- Review and comment on the quality, completeness and accuracy of Operation and Maintenance (O&M) documentation supplied.
- Review and comment on Test and Commissioning (T&C) data.
- Complete site auditing and verification against designs and standards.
- Produce non-conformance reports and escalate issues.
- Interface with different client's and contractor, Asset Engineering and Operations to ensure appropriate information is received and communicated appropriately.
- Manage deliverables detailed in the maintenance readiness delivery plan.
- Undertake activities as decided by the line manager to achieve departmental goals.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
- Act as a role model for vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put information systems at risk.
Main challenges of the job
- Timely review and site verification of O&M and T&C information.
- Working with multiple stakeholders and different organisations.
- Achieving programme delivery to challenging timescales.
- Adapting to strategic needs and competing priorities.
- Must have significant knowledge and experience in mechanical building systems e.g. Heating; Ventilation; Air Conditioning; Water Distribution; Fan Systems; Pumping Systems and Public Health maintenance management.
- Able to understand complex, technical concepts and translate them into clear, accessible content with accuracy and attention to detail.
- An awareness of Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality practices as applicable to a rail environment.
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Able to work using own initiative and manage own workload.
- Previously experience of Client delivery projects and / or understanding of Client's Handover process, Asset Information (O&Ms, Asset Data) would be desirable.
- Confident and professional in face-to-face, phone, email and web communications.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Word, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience of working in a railway maintenance environment would be advantageous.