4 months ago
3x Permanent Way Design Engineers (Crewe, Birmingham & Derby)
Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' problems head-on. It's a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
To meet our growth ambitions, we are seeking an experienced Permanent Way Engineer to join our Crewe office and assist the UK wide practice team in delivering a portfolio of both local jobs and the biggest and most challenging UK projects.
The individual we seek shall be motivated, results driven, proactive, keen to learn and develop as part of a larger PWay design team. They should be a member of the PWI and show an interest in track matters. We will value you for going beyond to exceed expectations and assist in delivering innovative solutions. After all, we can't achieve great things without you. So, you can look forward to fantastic rewards, benefits and development opportunities.
- Higher Educational Qualification (a minimum of HND qualified in Civil Engineering).
- Preferably Eng Tech or IEng (From either PWI, ICE or IMech) or working towards professional qualification.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in permanent way design.
- Able to author technical reports of acceptable technical and presentational quality.
- Good understanding of Network Rail, London Underground & Railway Group standards as well as the relevant British Standards and Eurocodes.
- Able to present their work and represent their colleagues on the project in presentations and meetings.
- Able to independently deliver work and integrate with larger project teams.
- Develop broad technical competence and able to check work of all those in the project team;
- An understanding of track construction methods, stageworks of projects, PWay components and surveys.
- Proficient in Microstation and Bentley Rail Track (BRT) design software production as well as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- A working knowledge of using ClearRoute 2 software.
- Responsible for completion of projects to time and cost.
- A willingness to work flexibly (as required) to assist in the delivery of projects.
- Good interpersonal, organization and communication skills.
- A hard working and flexible individual, who is a team player, is reliable, proactive and shows initiative whilst able to keep cool under pressure and when working to often demanding deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently as well as within a larger team capable of completing work within budget and to programme.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.