Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £0.00 per annum
almost 3 years ago
Our client is currently looking for a planner to manage the evaluation of project time for the project and correlate cost and risk assessment, manage project planning systems, policies and standards and ensure compliance of planning activities across individual projects to support the successful delivery of the project.
- Manage the integrated P6 programme meeting the internal / external reporting timelines.
- Correlate schedule, cost and risk assessment through integrated solutions to influence critical path analysis thus providing robust/quality plans for decision making.
- Lead in what-if scenario planning providing integrated solutions to programme/project conflicts and recoveries.
- Manage and monitor processes to integrate scheduling from across all projects within the area of work.
- Work closely with Project Managers to maintain programme schedules, and manage the interface between schedules.
- Support Professional Service Consultant's requirements working with the Project Controls Manager. Lead the evaluation of consultant interface reporting including earned value management performance.
- Collaborate with project delivery teams and external stakeholders (including suppliers, regulatory bodies, and the Department for Transport) where necessary to integrate all time, cost and quality information to support the monitoring of project performance.
- Capture and communicate best practice project planning policy, processes and procedures across the business to drive continuous improvement,and provide specialist advice where required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Right to work in the UK without sponsorship
- Proficiency in using PC operating systems and several basic software applications. Proficiency in using multiple discipline-specific software applications currently used by Bechtel (e.g., PCWorks, Primavera, and Microsoft Project).
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
- Intermediate level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes
- Proven skills in producing and reviewing programmes in P6.
- Qualified planning professional, with a strong track record of achievement in planning and project management relating to railway projects.
- Experience of planning within large, complex projects.
- Proven capability of developing and maintaining a programme, and a track record of effectively communicating the programme to senior management.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills to engage, promote and influence across a broad range of stakeholders including the Executive, and internal and external stakeholders.
Health and Safety
- Take reasonable care to ensure your own and others' health and safety - including those who may be affected by the delivery of this role - by taking personal responsibility for working to the S.A.F.E programme principles.
- Cooperate with project in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times and not interfering with measures in place to protect your health, safety or welfare.
- Advocate and promote the company's well-being strategy and policies.
Role based in Birmingham.