Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
There is a requirement for a Planning Engineer on the Crossrail project for at least 18-months in East London, Stratford.
This is NOT a senior planning role and is supporting a Senior Planning Engineer.
- Supporting the project teams with all planning related activities associated with the management of their contracts and reporting requirements.
- Participating and supporting the project teams in project and programme planning and progress meetings. Identifying and maintaining programme / project milestone and schedule interface activities.
- Performing productivity analysis of construction operations. Establishing the productivity basis to be utilized in estimates, as developed in concurrence with Construction. Reviewing labour estimates for reasonableness.
- Establishing milestones for the total project or major portions of the project. Reviewing project work activities in support of project milestones. Coordinating the timely, systematic and complete acquisition of scope definition and related data.
- Preparing and/ or reviewing schedule logic and duration changes in conjunction with the project team, to determine whether the schedules will adequately support the overall project schedule and comply with NEC contractual processes. These processes include checking that plans are complete and reflect the contractual scope of work, time risk allowances are clearly shown. In conjunction with other project team members review cost loading submissions.
- Planning, organising, and supervising schedule resource loading and analysis. Coordinating development of all bulk commodity release and installation curves. Integrating appropriate manpower requirements for each discipline/specialty relative to the overall project needs. Determining quantity and manpower levels in support of the project needs and schedule philosophy.
- Performing project schedule analysis and studying of problem areas to determine criticality of schedule activities. Recommending alternatives for schedule improvement to project team for discussion and/or decision.
- Coordinating information input into specific studies. Integrating activities and total work scope identification. Evaluating study results and recommending conclusions for project team consideration and discussion. Supervising/directing project schedule staffing and quantity reporting.
- Preparing and presenting schedule impact reports. Leading the development and review of schedule recovery plans, including evaluation of additional resources/costs required to affect such plans.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, which include schedule development, control, and analysis, in the field and the home office.
- Relevant experience on a large scale Rail infrastructure project.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Working knowledge of multiple discipline specific software applications, such as Primavera (P6) and Microsoft Office Projects.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.