City of London, London
almost 3 years ago
A Planning Engineer is required on the Crossrail project on a contract basis.
The role is based at Tottenham Court Road.
- To support the Business in preparing periodic progress reporting of Level 1 and Level 2 schedules. Supporting the project teams with all planning related activities associated with the management of their contracts and reporting requirements.
- Participating and supporting the project teams in project and programme planning and progress meetings. Identifying and maintaining programme / project milestone and schedule interface activities.
- Performing and/or coordinating, collecting, verifying, and integrating the work scope for all entities into the total project plan. Reviewing the representation of project scope in schedules. Establishing the conceptual scope of schedule studies.
- Preparing and analysing comparisons of scope, quantities, and cost data between the projects. Performing productivity analysis of construction operations. Establishing the productivity basis to be utilized in estimates, as developed in concurrence with Construction. Reviewing labour estimates for reasonableness.
- Planning, coordinating, and establishing the level of quantification appropriate to the objectives of the effort and to the level of scope definition for each discipline or specialty, and designating reference job(s) for source data and/or reconciliations of quantities. Reviewing completeness and reasonableness of quantities.
- Performing project schedule analysis and studying of problem areas to determine criticality of schedule activities. Recommending alternatives for schedule improvement to project team for discussion and/or decision.
- Preparing and presenting schedule impact reports. Leading the development and review of schedule recovery plans, including evaluation of additional resources/costs required to affect such plans.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, which include schedule development, control, and analysis, in the field and the home office.
- Working knowledge of PC operating systems, with proficiency in several basic software applications.
- Working knowledge of multiple discipline specific software applications such as Primavera (P6) and Microsoft Office Applications, for example.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.