City of London, London
Car allowance, 30 days annual leave
11 days ago
Principal Strategy Implementation Manager
Our Client supports the rail industry to deliver a better, safer railway via the Rail industries Health and Safet strategy - Leading Health and Safety on Britians Railway (LHSBR). They manage a research programme; collect, collate and analyse data; and develop standards for the railway across Great Britain. We deliver standards, information and guidance for all aspects of railway operations, as well as health and wellbeing, sustainability, infrastructure and rolling stock asset integrity, customer satisfaction, performance, and safety.
The Principal Strategy Implementation Manager (PRISM) will support delivery of the LHSBR strategy; providing the link between collaberative industry groups - acting as the key point of contact for the Chair of the group. The PRISM, with the industry group and key industry stakeholders will develop an LHSBR Delivery Roadmap and resourced workplan. The PRISM will lead delivery of planned outputs and support the industry to embed workplan outputs and realise the benefits to reduce risk.
The PRISM will establish effective working methods with industry partners, building collaboration overcoming barriers to help mitigate risks in health and safety and realisation of the LHSBR strategy.
- Lead the design of a risk theme road map and oversee the delivery of outputs through the development of a prioritised and resourced LHSBR work plan. Identify the benefits that will be accrued from the LHSBR work plan activities ensuring that the outputs are meaningful and useable.
- Lead the identification, development and implementation of initiatives to realise safety improvements through group members and the wider industry.
- Facilitate and create industry consensus on requirements, rationale and guidance to mitigate risk.
- Provide advice and comprehensive technical support to help deliver the LHSBR strategy.
- Provide assurance that work done is robust and to a required standard. This includes identifying and quantifying the benefits that industry derives from this risk work.
- Act as the Business Lead and focal point for key activities within your solution, with responsibility for developing business commitments, managing project proposals through the company investment process and overseeing projects to deadline, budget and quality.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of good industry practice for this risk area, plus all group governance, government, regulatory and legal requirements relevant to the role.
- Lead the preparation of plans, forecasts and budgets for monitoring progress against delivery of the Roadmap and take corrective action if necessary, to get back on-track.
Engagement and Stakeholder Management
- Establish effective relationships with the group Chair, industry partners and build collaboration to overcome barriers to the delivery and the implementation of the LHSBR strategy.
- Contribute to an improved level of understanding across the wider industry of the LHSBR strategy and implementation.
- Build industry collaborative networks and play a leading role in the swift and full resolution of major issues pertinent to your risk area.
- Ensure all management tools are in place to effectively engage, improve and monitor stakeholder engagement and benefits management.
- With the marketing and engagement teams and the LHSBR Editor, build a robust communication plan to support the delivery and embedding of LHSBR outputs and increase the profile of the risk groups work plan.
- Develop Lead the preparation of progress reports for the relevant risk area for the Leading Health and Safety on Britain's Railways' (LHSBR) to drive industry engagement with the strategy delivery.
- Relevant degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience of risk management, risk analysis and risk assessment.
- Knowledge of safety management and competence management systems and UK safety regulation.
- Experience in a senior role(s) within the railway with the demonstratable ability to apply their specialist knowledge where appropriate.
- Gravitas and influence in industry.
- Experience of delivering projects and/or programmes of work with clearly defined benefits to customers/stakeholders.
- Ability to capture and synthesise complex problems and present practical solutions.
- Knowledge of industry change management frameworks and demonstrable experience of delivering change.
- Ability to engage and build and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Confidently and credibly present complex ideas, strategies and options to a wide cross section of stakeholders.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to understand technical documents.
- Ability to oversee and steer operational development programmes within a cross-industry environment.
- Attention to detail, as well as an ability to visualise and articulate strategic perspectives.
- Understanding of the GB and European Railway industry, from organisational and Health and Safety perspectives.
- A commitment to self-development and continuous improvement.
- Ability to develop and review requirements, rationale and guidance in the context of the standards code and manual.
- Analytical skills and the ability to apply them in the context of the railway system.
- IT proficiency including good working knowledge of the MS suite of tools.