almost 3 years ago
There is a requirement for a Programme Commercial Manager to come onto a high profile, high value role managing an Overhead Line project for at least 6-months in Cardiff, Wales.
- You will be responsible for the strategic management of all commercial, procurement, finance and investment activities of the programme, including contract commercial management. This is also a line management position.
- Functionally responsible for all the commercial management work. Agree with Programme Director the contract strategy for all projects in their area to facilitate timely and efficient implementation.
- Develop and deploy a robust Commercial Strategy for the management and control of the Programme. This will include development of a work packaging strategy together with plans for effective cost management.
- Develop a Procurement Strategy for the Programme, including the processes for the selection of suitable Contractors and Consultants. Agree with the Programme Director the appropriate supplier engagement model for each work package in the Programme. Compliance with OJEU legislation.
- Lead the management and resolution of legal and/or commercial disputes in own area of expertise in conjunction with Functional commercial management and the Programme Director.
- Confirm that appropriate financial budget and authority is in place for all packages in the Programme. Maintain compliance with Investment Regulations.
- Establish appropriate control and audit regimes to achieve adherence to Network Rail's procedures, relevant Railway Group and Network Rail company standards.
- Mobilise Estimating and Risk Management support for Programme activities as required.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Knowledge of the use and application of railway and construction industry conditions of contract.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and professional qualification.
- Experienced staff manager and negotiator.
- Demonstrate experience of resolution of construction contract disputes and robust post contract management.
- Relevant railway and/or construction experience.
- Knowledge of railway commercial contract management and estimating.
- Experience of managing and developing several teams of staff.
- Experience of the management and review of contractor's interim and final accounts.
For further Rail & Infrastructure updates please connect with me on LinkedIn: 'Rosie Wilkinson' https://www.linkedin.com/in/rosie-wilkinson/