£65000 - £75000 per annum + + benefits
12 days ago
Working in a PDP capacity, we currently require a Programme Manager with knowledge of Traction Power Systems as well as an understanding of Network Rail Standards & Procedures to oversee the delivery and integration of all Line of Route, Substation and system integration scope required to support system commissioning for the East Anglia Route which runs from Pudding Mill Lane to Shenfield.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Managing delivery of the supply chain and overseeing administration of supplier contracts including construction contractor's designers and consultants.
- Integrating design and construction plans to support staged system commissioning.
- Integrating construction and commissioning works into railway possession access. Ensuring plans are in place and leading engagement with client to obtain the required access.
- Implementing the project health safety and employee wellbeing policies with respect to the traction power projects.
- Oversee the engineering function with respect to traction power. Control emerging scope and technical risks to protect project cost and schedule from undesirable change. Manage delivery of engineering deliverables and
- technical assurance to support programme.
- Driving and monitoring delivery of construction plans, identifying and resolving problems as required.
- Implementing delivery reporting regimes and metrics with the Project Controls function as appropriate for the scope and levels of risk.
- Taking action to address supplier performance issues.
- Driving value for money by challenging suppliers, methodology and scope.
- Support the client Risk & Value Management processes
- Planning and delivering Close Out and Completion tasks as an on-going part of the project
- Fulfilling client Project Management responsibilities associated with GRIP 5-8 Contracts
Knowledge and Experience
- Project Management Experience
- Leadership Experience
- UK Railway Experience
- Knowledge of Contract Management and Administration
- Experience of trending, change control and governance
- Experience of Traction Power systems preferred
- Experience of Network Rail possession planning processes preferred
- Experience/Understanding of Network Rail Authorisation and Assurance processes preferred
Core Competencies i.e. the skills and abilities required to successfully perform the key tasks
- Excellent communicator
- Experience of Safety Management and Reporting Processes
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers and suppliers
- Ability to plan and organise a complex programme
- Record of leading diverse teams of different organisations, suppliers and backgrounds
- Ability to delegate to colleagues and subordinates