Up to £0.00 per annum
2 months ago
There is a requirement for a Project Accountant on the Crossrail project in Stratford on a long-term contract.
- To support Crossrail's project delivery teams in control and reporting of the capital investment programme.
- Develop and maintain accounting procedures to deliver integrity of costs, forecasts and budgets.
- Support project teams in challenging and determining drivers of deviations in cost and schedule.
- Complete all technical accounting tasks in line with current standards and rules; including processing and validation of capital accruals, maintenance of work breakdown structure, payment processing, capitalisation and project closure.
- Develop and maintain budgetary control over the project/s by reporting variances, utilisation and risks/opportunities to the business managers in an appropriate format and in a timely manner.
- Prepare financial reports and analysis of construction costs and associated KPIs.
- Monitor compliance with corporate governance processes within projects.
- Maintain integrity of the financial general ledger systems and the associated project control systems
- Work with project delivery teams and Project Controls to establish robust cost control and reporting including obtaining understanding, and support, for any variances.
- Review and validate period cost, progress and KPI reports.
- Audit costs and payments.
- Support project teams in submitting change requests for approval, having robustly challenged the business case or change request.
- Support project teams in the effective management of their budgets.
- Management of Project Bank Accounts.
- Conduct =financial analysis of suppliers.
Skills & Experience Required:
- A recognised accountancy qualification (CA, ACA, CIMA or ACCA).
- Project or management accounting experience.
- Confident and credible when working with senior managers and third parties.
- Strong communicator both in written and oral, able to convey financial information in a clear, structured manner.
- Strong analytical skills.
- A pragmatic focus on commercial issues.
- Major construction / rail / engineering projects experience desirable.
- Internal or external audits experience desirable.
- Project control and reporting practice desirable.
- Good communication skills with an ability to make complex information easy to understand;
- Natural attention to detail; Absolute commitment to completing tasks to deadlines.