East London, London
Up to £0.00 per annum
10 months ago
There is a requirement for a Project Commercial Manager C2714 on the Crossrail project in Canning Town.
- To be responsible for implementing project level processes and activities that relate to the commercial management of the project including but not limited to, monitoring of procurement, cost, finance, schedule, risk management, compliance with contractual terms, cost verification, project staffing registers / forecasts and the timely resolution of contract change.
- Ensure that a dialogue with the Contractor is maintained such that all commercial and contractual matters are understood.
- Ensure that the reported forecast for the outturn cost of the project remains accurate, contemporary and credible.
- Provide early visibility of potential disputes by understanding and reporting differences between the PM and Contractors positions.
- Overseeing the effective implementation of Project Control systems including cost, schedule and risk in accordance with project procedures. Developing, interpreting and executing policy, objectives and standards applicable to cost, schedule and risk activities.
- Managing the development of recommendations to the Project Manager, as work proceeds, on appropriate contractual and commercial actions in conformance with the requirements of the Crossrail amended NEC3 ECC form of contract or applicable contract conditions.
Skills & Experience:
- Degree in Engineering, Business, Quantity Surveying, Law, or Construction Management, or equivalent experience.
- Construction experience on a major Project is desirable.
- Experience and courses in cost engineering, planning, risk, pricing, contract law, contract drafting, administration and negotiation of change orders, and effective correspondence.
- Knowledge of contract administration (NEC 3), quantity surveying, home office and site procedures and documents relating to a large scale, multi-discipline construction project.
- Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices.
- Significant experience of dealing with large civil works and / or M&E packages as needed.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and a robust personality able to work collaboratively to confront and solve disagreement and avoid dispute where possible both internally and with Crossrail's contractors.