day rate inside of IR35
10 months ago
- Maintaining the Cost Management database, and checking that forecast and budgeted costs align with cost flows for EV purposes.
- Developing and contributing to the weekly and period reporting requirements.
- Participating in re-forecasts as required by the programme.
- Deploying and implementing the Project Control requirements included in contracts.
- Interfacing with contract administration on contract issues and status of changes. Providing assistance with assessment of changes.
- Participating in the preparation of cost studies utilising historical data, statistical analysis and cost and quantity comparisons.
- Developing new techniques as required to meet specific needs and within the parameters specified.
- Assisting projects in identifying and assessing changes.
- Participating in and contributing to Value Engineering studies.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the clients Target Zero principles.
- Cooperate with client in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
- Act as a role model for clients vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with clients Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put clients information or information systems at risk.
- Working knowledge of cost engineering functions, including cost estimating, cost control, and cost analysis.
- Construction experience as a Cost Engineer preferable.
- Extensive knowledge of the NEC suite of contracts, with operational implementation and daily contractor management.
- Skilled in oral and written communication, with experience of presenting cost engineering information to management/clients.
- Experience of identifying, analysing, and solving problems.
- Knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialised instruction or practical experience.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent, preferably in Engineering or Construction Management or Quantity Surveying or equivalent experience.
- An advanced level of MS Excel skills desirable.
- Experience of forecasting, scheduling techniques and risk analysis.