Rail Project Engineer (Civils) Birmingham
£0.01 - £1.01 per day + day rate inside of IR35
about 2 years ago
Liquid error: internal
Rail Project Engineer (Civils) Birmingham, 6 months contract, Day rate Inside IR35
Duties will involve
- Implementing systems and procedures to maintain a cost effective, high quality, safe and environmentally responsible approach to how we design, construct, commission and other technical activities on relevant projects
- Engineering Projects to the highest standards
- Leading all engineering activities so that they are affordable and meet programme requirements
- Maintaining the use of relevant techniques and procedures of quantified and qualitative risk assessment and HAZOP analysis to manage the environmental aspects
- Monitoring design and specialist consultants and contractors, mentoring and guiding them on our processes and competencies
- Providing project management advice in respect of all construction activities, including testing and commissioning and site supervision.
- Undertaking reviews of design and/or construction activities including audits of contractors monitoring safety, environment and quality of design, construction, testing and commissioning and management systems Essential
- Successful relevant experience in signalling engineering, ideally with involvement in construction and design projects across multi discipline areas
- HNC/HND or equivalent GNVQ level
- Knowledge of quality assurance.
- An understanding of the arrangements required for the independent assessment of work
- CDM, risk assessment, engineering management competency
- PTS / Sentinel cards is needed
- Membership of a relevant professional body with chartered status and/or educated to degree level.
- Knowledge of structuring safety cases in support of projects.
- An appreciation of environmental issues in engineering works.
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt.