Leeds, West Yorkshire
£320 - £420 per day + Inside IR35
6 months ago
We are currently looking for a Civil biased Project Engineer who will manage design and construction activities for a bank of allocated projects. Working for a rail end client you'll be based in Leeds on an initial 6-month contract. This position would ideally suit someone coming from a background in either structures, bridges, stations or geotechnics; who has previously held Project Engineer or CRE positions and has experience in Interfacing with Network Rail.
- Implement systems and procedures to maintain a cost effective, high quality, safe and environmentally responsible approach to design, construction, commissioning and other technical activities on relevant projects, compliant with all relevant legislation, and liaise with regulators and others as appropriate.
- Engineer Projects to the standards and specification, allocated design and construction contracts include reference to and are compliant with appropriate Railway Group standards, formal specifications and procedures.
- Manage all engineering activities so that they result in schemes that are affordable and meet programme requirements in a safe and environmentally responsible manner for time, cost and quality.
- Maintain the use of relevant techniques and procedures of quantified and qualitative risk assessment and HAZOP analysis to allocated projects and manage the environmental aspects of allocated projects in accordance with environmental policy.
- Monitor design and specialist consultants and contractors and provide project management advice in respect of all construction activities, including testing and commissioning and site supervision.
- Undertake reviews of design and/or construction activities.
- Arrange audits of contractors monitoring safety, environment and quality of design, construction, testing and commissioning and management systems is adequate.