£0.01 - £1.01 per day + day rate inside of IR35
8 months ago
Rail Project Engineer (DPE or Civil PE) London and/or Work from Home
- Implement Rail Project systems and procedures to maintain a cost effective, high quality, safe and environmentally responsible approach to design, construction, commissioning and other technical activities on relevant projects, compliant with all relevant legislation. Liaise with regulators and others as appropriate.
- Deliver engineering solutions and resolve technical issues to support the project construction programme.
- Oversee and manage deliverables from suppliers including designers and contractors.
- Measure project team and supplier performance using engineering reporting metrics and data.
- Chair engineering coordination meetings with suppliers and use these forums to collaboratively develop efficient engineering solutions that are deliverable within the planned timescales.
- Engineer Projects to the standards and specification of client, allocated design and construction contracts include reference to and are compliant with appropriate Railway Group and clients Company standards, formal specifications and procedures.
- Manage all engineering activities so that they result in schemes that are affordable and meet programme requirements in a safe and environmentally responsible manner for time, cost and quality.
- Maintain the use of relevant techniques and procedures of quantified and qualitative risk assessment and HAZOP analysis to allocated projects and manage the environmental aspects of allocated projects in accordance with clients environmental policy.
- Provide project management advice in respect of all construction activities, including testing and commissioning and site supervision. Manage the design and/or construction elements of relevant projects meet the requirements of current legislation, including construction design management (CDM) regulations.
- Internal and contractor's design/construction/specialists personnel are competent.
- Undertake reviews of design and/or construction activities. Arrange audits of contractors monitoring safety, environment and quality of design, construction, testing and commissioning and management systems is adequate.
- Carry out the duties of designated project engineer (DPE) for specific projects.
- Manage discipline specific project engineers as assigned and coordinate with other engineering disciplines and functions.
- Support commercial, project management and project controls in review of contractor correspondence, change event submissions, schedules and estimates.
- Identify and share best practice across the various project teams.
- Successful relevant experience in civil engineering, ideally with involvement in construction and design projects across multi discipline areas.
- Experience of working within a Rail Project team
- Experience of railway stations design and build
- Previously or currently holds Authority to Work for DPE or Civil PE
- Technical qualifications to HNC/HND or equivalent GNVQ level.
- Knowledge of quality assurance.
- An understanding of the arrangements required for the independent assessment of work.
- CDM, risk assessment, engineering management competency.
- Leadership or management experience.
- Experience of working to resolve technical issues to support planned construction dates.
- Experience of engineering reporting processes and measuring key metrics to drive performance
- Experience of managing designer, contractor and stakeholder relationships
- Membership of a relevant professional body with chartered status and/or educated to degree level.
- Knowledge of structuring safety cases in support of projects.
- An appreciation of environmental issues in engineering works.
- Project safety management experience
- Yellow book course.